Were You Injured In A Car Accident?
If you were injured in a car accident the steps that you take immediately proceeding the incident can affect your future personal injury claim. You may be able to recover compensation if you can show that your injuries are a result of another person’s negligent behavior. It is in your best interest to retain a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible for guidance and an overview of your rights as an accident victim. Learn more about the vital steps that you need to take post-accident:
- Move any vehicles off the road, if possible. Use flares to warn other drivers of an upcoming danger.
- Contact the authorities so you can file a police report and notify emergency medical help that assistance is needed
- Get the names of anyone involved in the accident as well as their insurance details. Contact info for any witnesses to the accident should also be recorded at this time.
- Contact your car insurance company and let them know an accident happened.
- Get medical treatment, even if you’re not yet sure that you’ll need it. It’s better to be checked out by professionals after a Las Vegas car accident just in case you have sustained an injury not visible to the naked eye.
- Talk to an experienced attorney about your rights. Bring all of your accident evidence with you to the lawyer’s office and a detailed report from your perspective about what happened. These small steps can help to protect you.
Qualified Personal Injury Legal Assistance
The right attorney can make the difference in fighting for the compensation you need and deserve after an accident. The insurance carrier may attempt to settle out of court with you, however, it is important to note that insurance carriers primary point of concern is their bottom line. It is not likely that you will get the compensation that you deserve and are entitled to in a private settlement.
It’s never easy to be the victim of a major car accident and while the least of your concerns is compensation, we understand the nature of injury victim claims as they pertain to future medical bills and compensation for lost wages– among other financial obligations. While you focus on your recovery, a personal injury lawyer fights for your rights. If you need assistance, contact our office today for compassionate help and guidance.